At Highlands UMC, we have multiple activities and small groups for people of all ages.
- Sunday School classes for all ages
- Nursery for infants-36 month.
- Children's Moments
- Children's Church during the Sermon on Sundays through 5th grade
- Girl and Boy Scouts, Brownies and Cub Scouts
- Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF) for teens
- Young Adult group
- Adult Sunday School Classes
- Adult Bible Studies (Sunday and Tuesday Evenings)
- Methodist Men Organization
- Friend's Night Out - Recreation and Fellowship Meal
- Rotary Club Meals
- Methodist Meals on Wheels
- Seasonal Special activities, especially at Easter and Christmas time, (called Lent and Advent)
Dress Code: We are fairly casual in our dress code. Jeans are alright. You will find everything from casual capris to business suits on the ladies each Sunday. Miss Mary always dresses fine and wears a fancy hat. You can, too, if you wish! (If you come visit, you will know her. Her name is Mary but most people call her GiGi.) Guys are generally in jeans or slacks and a polo or button down shirt. Ties are not required. Kids wear whatever. We have even had kids show up in a batman costume. We are more interested in YOU than in what you or your family wears.
Holy Communion: The United Methodist Church and Highlands UMC believes in an open table for Communion. Anyone is welcome to partake in the Sacraments of Holy Communion when the table is served.
Parking: Park in front or back of our Sanctuary. The Sanctuary faces W. Houston Street. The flashing LED light is the back entrance. However, it is not a big huge place. You will not have a problem find a spot. They surround the campus.
Handicapped Accessible: We are fully handicapped accessible. There are several parking spots designated, there are very good, not steep ramps, and the bathroom is easy to navigate.
Nursery: We have a professionally staffed nursery starting at 9:30 am. We follow Safe Sanctuary Guidelines to ensure the safety of the children and the adults. The Nursery is in the Fellowship Building across from the Sanctuary.
Sunday School and Small Groups: Sunday school is at 9:30 am. Small groups also meet other times in the week. Check our Newsletter or Facebook Page for the nitty gritty.
Committees: The Methodist Church believes in decision making by committee. You will see many notices about Committee Meetings. All committee meetings are open except for Staff Parish Relations, as this committee deals with confidential information.